Here we'd like to answer some of the common questions we receive about the second roof process. If there's anything we didn't answer, feel free to call us at (956) 461-5380, and a friendly staff member will be glad to help you.
Q: How is the second roof attached to the roof?
- A: It is attached using a specially designed perimeter bracket that bolts directly onto the roofline of your existing manufactured home, creating a solid frame for the other materials to attach too.
Q: How long does it take to attach the roof?
- One day, in most cases. For some double-wide manufactured home and if extra elements such as patio covers are being installed, a second day may be required.
Q: What is roof-rumble, and will the second roof stop it?
- Roof-rumble happens when strong winds and rains hit the roof. The second roof puts an end to this.
Q: Do you provide overhangs with the second roof?
- Yes. Every second roof comes with one-foot overhangs on the long sides of your manufactured home and six-inch overhangs on the short sides.
Q: Can I walk on my second roof?
- Yes. Your roof is safe to walk on when you need to service a water cooler or for any other reason. In fact, the second roof is so strong, it would take quite an effort on your part to damage it in any way.